The music streaming services arena is crowded, but YouTube Music definitely stands out. It is the extended arm of YouTube and one of Google’s most popular platforms. You can rely on the lyric search functionality and get first access to all new official studio releases.
It’s definitely top notch, but one of the main reasons so many users flock to it are the customizable playlists. You can easily add as many songs as you want to your YouTube Music playlist.
Can you do several songs at the same time? There is no designated feature that allows you to speed up the curation of your playlist. However, there is a workaround, and that’s what we’ll cover in this article.
How to add multiple songs to YouTube Music playlist?
We can all enjoy that blissful feeling of listening to the perfectly personalized playlist. In the YouTube Music app, adding a single song to your playlist is pretty straightforward.
When you listen to a song and like it enough to put it on one of your playlists, here’s what you do:
- Click on the three-dot menu icon.
- Then select âAdd to playlistâ.
- Select an existing playlist.
The song will automatically appear on the playlist of your choice. However, it is not possible to add multiple songs to your playlist currently in YouTube Music.
What you can do instead is add an entire album to a specific playlist. This may be a less than ideal solution, but it can dramatically speed up building the perfect playlist. If you like a particular artist and the majority of their work, this could be the perfect fit for you.
You can add the whole album to a playlist and then manually remove unwanted songs. Not perfect, but it works. We’ll walk you through the process and show you that this is, in fact, a decent system.
Let’s see how to add an album to your YouTube Music playlist via your Windows computer first.
- Go to Youtube music and sign in to your Google account.
- Enter artist names or full album name in the search field.
- If the search shows multiple results, be sure to click on the “Albums” tab.
- Click on the three vertical dots next to the album name.
- Then click âAdd to playlistâ, select a playlist or create a new one.
All tracks in the album will be added to your chosen playlist. If you want to manage the playlist and tracks further, go to Library> Playlists. To remove the songs you don’t like, here’s what you do:
- Click on the mentioned playlist.
- Then click on the three vertical dots next to the song and from the menu select “Remove from playlist”.
- Repeat this step as many times as needed.
If you are a Mac user, the process for adding an entire album will be the same as for Windows users. So whatever browser you are using follow these steps:
- Go to YouTube Music and sign in to your Google Account.
- Find the album you want. Make sure to switch to the “Album” tab.
- With the cursor, click on the three vertical dots next to the album.
- Select “Add to Playlist” from the menu and choose from the list.
You will find all the songs if you go to âLibraryâ and then click on âPlaylistsâ. You can do the manual removal of the songs you don’t want.
If you are using Android, you can download the YouTube Music app from google play and set it up in under two minutes.
If you sign in with your Google account, the playlists you already own will be there. Now, if you want to add albums to a specific playlist, follow this simple step by step guide:
- Launch the YouTube Music app on your Android device.
- Find the album you want to add to a playlist. Press the “Album” tab to refine your search if necessary.
- In the search results, tap the menu button next to the album.
- From the context menu, select âAdd to playlistâ.
- Choose the playlist or create a new one.
You can press the “View” button at the bottom of the screen, and it will take you directly to the playlist. Alternatively, you can tap “Library” at the bottom of the screen and tap “Playlists” to view all of the playlists you have created. If you want to remove songs from playlists, here’s what you do:
- Tap the playlist where you added the album.
- Select the menu button next to the song name.
- In the context menu, tap “Remove from playlist”.
That’s it. Not only did you manage to add multiple songs to a playlist, but you also deleted unwanted tracks.
For iPhone users, YouTube Music IOS app works the same as for Android users. However, let’s cover the steps and walk you through the process. This is how it works:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your iPhone.
- Find the album you want to listen to and click the menu button next to it.
- A pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select “Add to playlist”.
- Select a playlist or create a new one.
You can repeat this process as many times as you want. Additionally, you can delete songs from the album by accessing the playlist in the “Library” section.
Create and edit playlists in YouTube Music
We’ve talked about adding albums to specific playlists or creating new playlists in YouTube Music. If you are a seasoned YouTube Music user, you probably already have a large library and know how to manage it.
However, if you don’t have a unique playlist yet, we’ll show you how to create it. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “Library” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Playlists”.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the âNew Playlistâ option.
- Enter the name of your new playlist and choose the privacy settings (Public, Private, or Unlisted.)
You can also create a new playlist while you are currently listening to a track. While the song is playing, tap at the bottom of the menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
Then select the âAdd to playlistâ option from the menu. Tap the â+ New Playlistâ button and add the name and privacy settings for the playlist.
There are many ways to edit your playlist. First of all, you can remove the songs from the playlist whenever you want. Here is how it works:
- Tap the menu button next to the YouTube Music playlist you want to edit.
- From the menu, select “Edit Playlist”.
There are a number of things you can do from here. First of all, you can change the title of the playlist. You can also change the privacy settings. There is a section where you can also write a short description of a playlist.
You will also be able to see the exact number of tracks on the playlist, and the app will give you the option to arrange the order of the songs manually. When you’re done editing your playlist, tap “Done” at the top of the screen.
Important note: The process of creating and editing a YouTube Music playlist is pretty much the same when using a browser.
How do I find other great playlists on YouTube Music?
There are a virtually endless number of songs and playlists on YouTube Music. Yet now you might find yourself figuring out what to listen to and struggling to create the perfect playlist. Fortunately, there is a solution. However, you will need to access YouTube, not YouTube Music, for this to work.
- Launch YouTube on your mobile device.
- Go to the “Explore” tab at the bottom of the screen. Next, tap on the “Music” section.
- You will see countless music playlists sorted by categories. Tap the “+” icon and it will automatically appear in your library.
The added playlist will also show on the YouTube Music app the next time you log in. Additionally, if you will be using a web browser, follow connect instead and browse playlists.
1. Can you merge YouTube Music playlists?
If you have multiple playlists that you want to merge into one, it’s pretty easy to do in YouTube Music. Here’s what the process involves:
1. Select one of the playlists from your YouTube Music.
2. Tap the menu button next to the playlist. Select “Add to playlist”.
3. From the pop-up menu, choose the destination playlist.
All songs from the first playlists are now merged with the songs from the second playlist. You can repeat the process adding all the tracks to the next playlist and so on.
2. How many songs can a YouTube Music playlist contain?
Right now, the maximum number of songs you can have on a single YouTube Music playlist is 5,000. The number of songs allowed may increase in the future, but there is still no. official announcements.
Keep all the songs you like on YouTube Music
One of the great things about YouTube music is that it is easily customizable, which refers to playlists. Adding multiple songs at once would be awesome and super convenient, but it’s still not possible.
Either way, there are plenty of ways to manage your playlists, including adding entire albums and merging playlists. Anytime you don’t want a track on your playlist, you can remove it with just a few clicks.
Keep in mind that YouTube Music is available for the web and as a mobile app, and while the free version comes with ads, it’s still one of the best music apps out there.
How do you organize your YouTube Music playlists? Let us know in the comments section below.