AppleInsider is supported by its audience and can earn commission as an Amazon Associate and Affiliate Partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Ahead of the launch of Apple’s âiPhone 12,â CEO Tim Cook revealed what he calls his Apple Music playlist for this event day.
âHey, Siri, play my playlist for the day of the event,â Tim Cook said on Twitter, and included an Apple Music link to the whole playlist. The list, apparently updated yesterday, has 27 songs and is 1 hour and 42 minutes long.
All of the tracks are upbeat, but otherwise represent an eclectic range of artists, genres and styles. It is more than possible that there is an allusion to the Apple event in the choice of music.
It begins with a trio of “High Hopes”, “Whatever It Takes” and “Come As You Are”, artists Panic! At the nightclub, Imagine Dragons and Tenile Townes. There might be some subtle nods to cameras and photography too, as the rest of the list includes Johnny Nash with “I Can See Clearly Now” and the cast of “Hamilton” performing “My Shot” .
Featured artists and bands from America include Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen and Bob Dylan. There is also “Rock Steady” by the late Aretha Franklin, which Tim Cook once praised.
The entire playlist can be streamed on Apple Music for Apple devices such as iPhones, Macs, iPads, and HomePods, or directly online.
Tim Cook Event Day Playlist
Alternatively, if you just want to read what’s on the list and wonder if Bob Dylan’s “Tangled Up in Blue” was chosen for some specific reason related to color, here’s the full list.
- High hopes out of panic! At the disco
- Everything you need by Imagine Dragons
- Come as you are by Tenile Townes
- Three Little Birds from Bob Marley & the Wailers
- Good Times Roll by Jimmie Allen & Nelly
- Sir Duke from Stevie Wonder
- I can see Johnny Nash clearly now
- Fleetwood Mac Dreams
- You must be by Des’ree
- Glory by Tiwa Savage
- My Shot by the cast of “Hamilton”
- No Bailes Sola (Acustica Version)
- Tangled in the Blue of Bob Dylan
- Jump by Van Halen
- Take me to church by Hozier
- Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys
- Experience (Live)
- Everybody Loves the Sun by Roy Ayers Ubiquity
- Rise Up by Andra Day
- Wonderful by Burna Boy
- Want to jump by Marcia Griffiths
- Fast as you can by Fiona Apple
- I lived by OneRepublic
- Rock Steady by Aretha Franklin
- Identical (from the movie “On the Rocks”)
- Experience by Victoria Monet, Khalid & SG Lewis
- Moonlight Dance (with NEIMY) by Jubel